Recommendations from European Breast Guidelines
Should annual vs. triennial mammography screening be used for early detection of breast cancer in women aged 45 to 49?
- Strong recommendation against the intervention
- ✓ Conditional recommendation against the intervention
- Conditional recommendation for either the intervention or the comparison
- Conditional recommendation for the intervention
- Strong recommendation for the intervention
A recommendation can be strong or conditional.
When a recommendation is strong, most women will want to follow it. When a recommendation is conditional, the majority of women want to follow it but may need more discussion with their healthcare professional first.
The recommendation was agreed by consensus.
The recommendation was conditional due to no net health benefits with annual screening and large costs associated with it.